Rebecca was born in Shanghai, China. When she was 5 years old, she randomly drew shapes, lines, and patterns on the white wall of the bedroom. Her mother was not angry but brought her to the drawing class. Rebecca met her first teacher in drawing and Chinese calligraphy class. The art door opened for her.
Rebecca attended Fudan high school. After Fudan, she matriculated to Shanghai Jiaotong University. She graduated in 2010 with a major in art design and a minor in the German language. While in SJTU, she received an offer from Microsoft and showed her talent in digital product and user experience design. Later she joined Hewlett-Packard & Ctrip.com R&D center and designed many products and services that are impacting millions of people now.
She is passionate about creating user-friendly, delightful, and meaningful end-to-end user experiences that bring the vision to life in a way people feel inspired, refined and even magical.
In her spare time, she likes sketching, painting, writing Chinese calligraphy, traveling, experiencing the power of nature, taking photographs, and capturing the most beautiful moments. This not only brings her inspiration but also helps her understand people, culture and life.
Now she is helping various industries and companies solve real customer and experience issues, fully managing projects from concept through to completion with meticulous attention to detail.
Establish brand new user experience by using holistic design methodologies, from user research to product definition, from concept to pixel-perfect user interface design, from prototyping to usability assessment, working through the whole product development cycle, and translating liquid user needs to coherent product and service designs.
Sought to achieve optimal balance between costs, functionality and aesthetics to uplift lifestyle of end users by providing quality User Experience Design Services.
2017-Now Standard Chartered, UI/UX Design
- Responsible for designing China Standard Chartered wealth mobile application
- Lead user experience design and interface design for China Standard Chartered financial products and services, including strategic and tactical design planning and execution
- Lead SC China client experience research and study
Mar.2014-Nov. 2017 Ctrip, User Experience and Interaction Design
- IxD for package holidays, including seamless Online and Mobile experience
- End-to-End UX design for Ctrip Insurance experience, revenue doubled YoY
- Experience management for Ctrip Supplier Open Platform, Operation Platform, Bestone O2O experiences and etc.
June.2010-Mar. 2014 Hewlett-Packard (IWS Design Shanghai), Human Factor Engineering and Digital Interface Design
- Human factor engineering, interaction and user experience design for Deskjet&Photosmart&Officejet printers
- Drive new product planning, innovation and execution
- China Print App Planning and Marketing Research
Feb.2010-June.2010 Microsoft China (Windows Server Solutions Group), Program Management
- Design planning for the next version of Windows Home Server and Windows Small Business Server, including console UI design, UX design, hardware concept design, etc.
- Software interface design for the wireless setup experience
- China Small Business Server Marketing Research
Feb.2010-April.2010 Bruderer AG. China Design Project
Feb.2010 Barclays Bank, China Design Project
July.2009-Dec.2009 RapidFix Industrial (Asia), Marketing Communication Design
- Smart-O Plug Logo Design, Retail Packaging Design (sold in Wal-Mart in US)
- Rapidfix Cologne Exhibition Design 2010
- Liaison and negotiation with suppliers for creative services
- Rapidfix Fastener Website Design
- “EZ head” Advertisement Design for European Industrial Magazine. Logo design, 3D rendering, product photography, contact with Creative Director of “Fastener+Fixing” Magazine